Saturday, February 27, 2010

One Night Stand with a Greek god

I am embarrassed to post this blog, but it's a dating story so it has to go up. A few weeks ago, I went out with my new fun single girlfriend for a casual night out. She started the night with the statement "this is a laid back night, its not like we will end up a Johnny's or anything." Well...

Several bars, gimlets and shots later, our cab pulled up at Johnny's. I remember walking into Johnny's and the next thing I know I am sitting at Waffle House next to a VERY attractive foreign hottie (later I found out he was Greek). I have no idea how I met this guy, but I am sure I met him on the dance floor at Johnny's and convenienced him to take me to Waffle House. In my drunken state, I thought this would be a fun adventure and went home with him. Not smart or safe, but at least I was coherent enough to email my friend his address and condo number in case something happened. Please no lectures - I know this is not safe behavior.

When I first got divorced, I wanted to have a one night stand a true never speak to the person again). All my friends who had done this, warned me it was NOT a good idea. While I am single this time around, I want to sew all my wild oats and get everything out of my system. While very trashy, this is something I needed to get out of my system and the foreign hottie was my chance.

When I woke up the next morning, I was scared to open my eyes and hoped he was as hot as I remembered - thank goodness, he was. We went to Starbucks, I called a cab and will never see him again. When I was leaving Starbucks, he asked about exchanging numbers and I told him there was no need.

While I am not proud of what I did, it won't happen again. I felt like a total trashy whore the next day and that night has probably been a huge reason why I have been in a weird mood lately. I hope next time I think it is a good idea to go home with a stranger, I will remember how awful I felt about the situation.

No comments: