Sunday, November 22, 2009

New York Date

Wow…NYC treated me right. This was my first trip by myself for leisure – I don’t know that you can actually call it a true trip since it was only for 1 night/day, BUT it was a good start. It is definitely more fun to have someone with you, but it was a “growing” experience for me.

I met New York for drinks at the Four Seasons. I was a little nervous because I was afraid I might not recognize him. Luckily, there was more than 1 bar so he met me in the lobby. He had a client dinner so we only had 2 hours, but I had a a great time (only after I left did I screw things up). On my way to NYC I was thinking – why I am interested in this guy. Am I just interested because it is a challenge and he is from out of town?. I met him for a couple hours a month ago. After spending some more time with him, I remember why. He is so much fun to talk to. He is younger than me YIKES…No cougar comments please…he is 27.

He is a total gentleman. Amazing conversation. He is very interesting, well spoken, close with his family, career oriented, smart and likes to have fun. Not only did he buy my drinks, he also paid for my cab fare – I found a Yankee with southern manners.

I was nervous and had too many drinks (3 gimlets in 2 hours) and had a nice buzz going when I left drinks New York. I went to dinner and had a few more drinks so I was in a drunken stupor by the time I finished dinner. That’s when psycho came out. I started texting New York basically begging him to meet me out. I sent no less than 8 text. Really…am I really that desperate. No, but apparently after a few drinks I act that way.

Anyway, I sent a final text to New York the next afternoon telling him that I was mortified about stalking him last night and that I was not a crazy person. He sent a text saying he thought it was funny and he had a great time. I guess it doesn’t really matter because when am I really going to see him again, but I don’t want some guy out there thinking I am a crazy stalker after meeting him 2x. So, I screwed up by being a text stalker but at least it makes for a funny story. Haven’t heard from him since the last text and probably never will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also was a text stalker one time...totally mortifying but totally normal as a DRUNK, single girl! I kept thinking, "WHY can't I stop texting???" "Put the finger away!". Oh well...you had fun and got free drinks. That's what it's all about, right? Can't believe you didn't tell me this on the phone the other night. Looking forward to January!