Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Night of Set-ups

Friday night I arranged for 2 couple friends and me to go to dinner together so I could introduce them socially (not swinger style) to each other. I felt like they would have a lot in common and it would be fun to merge 2 social circles together. Early in the week it was decided that I wasn't going to bring a date. Well...that all changed on Friday at lunch when BRF decided to set me up on a date for that night. It was a friend of hers she has been trying to set me up with for a while. Last week I told her let's just wait until things slow down for me at work and aren't too crazy. My friends don't listen to me much and this time was no the exception. I reluctantly agreed to the date. I was very nervous about the set up - my last blind date with another couple was a disaster.
I don't have a good nickname for this date (J, any help here). Dinner went very well. We had a good set up - round table and 6 people so it was easy for the other 2 couples to chat and my date and I to talk but mix it up too.
As dinner began to wind down, everyone was trying to decide if they were going out or not. BRF and husband decided to go home and the other couple was going out. It seemed like my date was going to join us, but I wasn't positive. Leaving was very awkward. Everyone was saying good bye and getting in cars and my date didn't say bye to me and just got in his car.
Turns out it was just an awkward situation and he met us at the bar. Conversation was good, he was social and mingled well with my friends. We stayed out pretty late and I had a great time with him. He said he would call me on Saturday (dinner was Friday night) and he called when he said he would. Phone conversation was fine and flowed and we have plans to do something on Monday. YAY! This one actually seems like a decent prospect, but I am trying not to get my hopes up.

No comments: