Thursday, September 3, 2009

South Beach

Last night I met a great guy at happy hour. I noticed him pretty early into happy hour, but I never saw him look my way so I didn’t think he was interested. A friend of mine happened to be at the bar with another group and she knew I thought he was cute. She introduced herself (telling him I was interested) and me to him. We chatted for a while over drinks and he invited me to dinner.

We went to dinner with my friend and one of his co-workers. After dinner they went home and he and I stayed at the bar for a few more drinks. When that bar shut down, we went to the Ritz for another drink and talked for a while. I don’t even remember what time I went home but it was late. I had a great time with him and really, really hope he calls. He sent me a text on his way to the airport this morning telling me it was nice to meet me. If he wasn’t interested, why would he send a text? Right…

He lives in South Beach and was in town for business. Said he comes back often so maybe something could work out. I am actually excited about this one…cute, mid-30s, social, picked out a good wine, funny, has a job, likes to travel, likes to go out, shall I go on?

BTW…I am counting dinner as one of my dates – know it’s a stretch, but he did ask me to dinner.

1 comment:

meg said...

Its not a stretch! I would totally call that a date. You met him and then went to another place to eat a sit down meal. Score one for you! Hope he calls soon.