Monday, August 10, 2009

Blind Date

Last night was my first blind date. A guy I used to work with set us up. I was super excited about the date because this guy seems to be right along the lines of what I am looking for- he is an attorney (professional) here in Atlanta (local), mid-30s (within the age range) and divorced (so he won't mind that I am).

He called last weekend to set up a time to meet. Point #1 since he didn't text me. Our schedules were off last week so we decided to meet on Sunday. He called Sat. to confirm the date - Point #2, he called again instead of texting. He picked out a place in my area of town - Point #3, he chose a place and didn't rely on me.

Yesterday afternoon I was nervous that it was going to be a terrible date because I was actually really excited about this date. Good news is I wasn't near as nervous as my 1st, 1st date so I am getting better at this.

The date went really well. He was very nice, let me pick my fav wine, good restaurant. It was comfortable, but not too comfortable. Conversation flowed well, but not the nervous chit-chat. Everything was on track to be a good, non-dramatic 1st date until the waiter came over to refill our water. I need to start this portion of the story by telling you I am wearing white jeans and for those of you that have white jeans you know they are already a little see-thru. The waiter goes to fill up my glass and lost his grip on the very full water pitcher which proceeds to dump all in my lap! I am absolutely soaked to the bone. Blind Date and all the tables around us jump up and hand me napkins. It was pretty funny, but I was soaking wet and knew my jeans were not going to dry anytime soon. I didn't want to go to the bathroom to try and dry them off because I wasn't sure how see-thru they were going to be. I was a good sport and made it through the dinner with wet jeans (sexy right). Blind Date said at least it will be a memorable date.

All and all, the date was good and he said he wanted to see me again and would call me this week. There weren't fireworks, but we had a lot in common and he was very nice. Hopefully he will actually call because I would be excited to go out with him again. I will keep you posted.

Other Updates:

Tonight I am going to text back Baseball Boy to see what he is up to so I can begin accumulating 1st dates.

Yacht Rock guy has texted a few times so maybe he is a possiblity for another 1st date.

No comments: