Sunday, September 27, 2009

Don't do Double Date Blind Dates

One of my dear work friends set me up on a blind date with one of her husband’s friends. The original plan was to go to a martinis & swing dancing event with my friend and her husband. To an event like this, I felt like it was fine and would be more fun to go on a double date with another couple. HOWEVER, plans changed.

Due to the traffic in the Atl on Friday, which can often alter plans, everyone was running so late, it was decided we were just going to dinner instead because we were going to be too late to the event. Everyone met at my friend’s house (I was spending the night with them so I didn’t have to drive all the back to my house). From the second I walked in, my blind date was totally not interested in me. AT ALL. Not that I think am am hot stuff (only on certain nites), but he had absolutely no interest in me at all and didn’t pretend to – I can count on one hand how many times in the few hours we were together that he made eye contact. It was not a fun night. We went to dinner and the couple we were with and my date talked about all their mutual friends, old times, etc. I had little opportunity to jump in on the conversation. Each time my friend and I tried to shift the conversation so I could join in, it swayed back to something I could participate in.

It was very sweet of them to set me up and the night may have been very different if we had gone swing dancing, but this is a date with could not end soon enough.

No comments: