Saturday, February 13, 2010

Bitter Vday Message

I will start by saying I have never been a fan of Valentine's Day - it's a huge hassle and stressor for all parties involved. If I didn't like it when I was dating or married, I knew I would really be annoyed this year. I thought it would be best to lay low this weekend, but didn't want to be confined to the condo for the entire weekend.

I decided to make a trip to the Leonardo exhibit at the High.

Ticket Lady: 2 tickets today
Me: No, just one
then I decided it may be better to join the High
Me: How much is an annual membership?
Ticket Lady: For a couple?
Me: No, single

I then head over to check my coat
Coat Checker: Only one coat today
Me: Yes (thinking, do you see anyone else with me and does it look like I am holding 2 coats)

I go to pick up the Audio Tour
Me: (hand the guy ONE Audio Tour ticket)
Audio Tour Guy: Just one for you
Me: yes

Really...

I normally don't mind doing things by myself, in fact, sometime I prefer it. Maybe I am being extra sensitive today.

Single ladies, also not a good idea to hit Whole Foods on Vday weekend. Every hot guy in town is with their model beautiful wife.

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely HATE Valentine's Day!!! Always have, always will. I would be soooo ill too if everywhere I went people questioned why I was "Just One". BTW...even when you are married it sucks. The husband gave me ZERO yesterday, no card, no "Happy Valentine's Day"....so, it sucks even for married people.