Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hot Manager

I love eating out at nice restaurants. My running friends (BRF – best running friends) went out for a nice dinner to catch up on Friday night. Of course I am on the prowl for any cute guys because I am totally ready to date. I could not find the ladies room so the super hot manager helps me find my way…ok he is super hot! We cross paths a few times during our dinner and at the end of the night comes out to chat it up with our table for a while. He gives me his card and say if you ever need anything, please let me know.

Hello… I don’t want to call him, but he was super hot (have I mentioned that yet) and I want to go out with him. I don’t want to go out with him bad enough to be the one to ask him out though. I am forward but not that forward.

I decide to shoot him an email and ask a question about the wine I had at dinner that night. I was cute and a little flirty but the focus of the email was about the wine. It worked…he asked me out to split a bottle of wine since we seemed to have the same taste in wine.

I spend the next few days trying to research wine because I don’t know anything about wine except if I think it is good or not. I depend on others to pick it out.

This is a date I am really excited about so it prompts more call to my friends about what to wear. After a lengthy discussion and several emails, concensous is reached and the outfit is decided on – 2 days in advance.

The day before the date I receive a text from Hot Manager saying he ran into a financial crisis is now broke so we can’t go out. What??? 1) Why text that? 2) Why tell me that and 3) WTH???

My immediate reaction is that it is a dramatic excuse, but I could not figure out what would have changed.

A few hours later I receive a follow up text requesting that I accept his friend request on Facebook so we can get to know each other better until he overcomes the financial crisis because he is interested. Seriously…several points to this –
Why do we have to be friends on Facebook to get to know each other have you ever heard of the telephone?
Couldn’t we go out for coffee…dates don’t have to be expensive
I am damn glad this happened before we went out because this guy seems like a total loony
Now I can never go back to that restaurant L

New rule: Avoid anyone in the restaurant industry because I am going to run out of places to eat. This is the second restaurant I can’t go to because of a guy.

Hot Manager turned into Crazy Manager no longer hot.

No comments: